The experiment continues, today with less success than yesterday. I got to bed at 10:30 (good), but I didn’t sleep past 5:00 (bad). 6-1/2 hours is something I’ve functioned on before. I just hope I can get some good sleep tonight.
Things I did last night that didn’t help:
- I ate late — around 9:00 p.m.. And I ate too much. The night before, I ate around 6:30-7:00. Last night I went to bed with a still-full stomach, which is really no good.
- I didn’t give myself time to relax. I just went right to bed. Forgot to lock the door downstairs (which my spouse let me know about at 2 a.m.) and forgot to turn the air conditioner up.
- I got really hot overnight and woke up in a sweat. This happens when I am over-tired or stressed. It’s not necessarily hot, but I get heated up and start to sweat. Then I get really cold, and I can’t relax and get back to sleep. Last night, the room got hot, because the A/C wasn’t turned up enough.
Things I did this morning that did help:
- Instead of lying there getting pissed off at myself, I lay quietly in bed for half an hour, relaxing and breathing and actually feeling really good. I had this profound sense of wellness and health, which I haven’t had in a while. So that was good.
- I got up around 6:00 and got some exercise. I got on the exercise bike, and I also read a book that I’ve been getting into.
One thing that is not helping this morning, however, is me spending time looking at Facebook, instead of getting ready for work. Time to go…
More sleep to come — I’m hoping.