Concussion/TBI Education and Recovery
- Follow Broken Brain – Brilliant Mind on WordPress.com
Blogs I Follow
- Recovery Tools
- Gist Template – for TBI recovery
- Images for memory practice
- Gist Reasoning – Bounce Out Items that Don’t Belong
- Brain injury comes in a number of different “flavors”
- Tools to Help You Fix Your Brain
- Brain Injury – What Is It?
- Juggling for TBI recovery
- Behavioral Issues
- Communication Issues
- Cognitive Issues
- Emotions/Moods Issues
- Day-to-Day Activities Issues
- Physical Issues
- Have you experienced a brain injury?
- Share Your Story
- 84 ways Concussion/TBI can make your life really interesting
- Then And Now – Managing TBI Issues Over the Long Term
- A Perilous Relief – How TBI and Trauma Combine to Encourage Dangerous Behavior
- Understanding the Trauma/PTSD in Traumatic Brain Injury
- TBI Among the Homeless and Incarcerated
- The wars we wage – of sport, concussion, and our warrior style
- TBI S.O.S.
- 1. TBI Background and Info
- TBI Background and Info – TBI Types and Symptoms
- TBI Background and Info – The Toll It Takes
- TBI Background and Info – My Stories
- 2. Of Self and Sense
- Of Self and Sense – What IS the Self?
- Does the Self Matter?
- And What About the Sense-Of-Self?
- 3. Does The Self Actually Matter?
- Self Matters To Brain Injury Survivors
- Self Matters To Others
- Self Matters. Period.
- Feeling Good, Feeling Familiar, Feeling Like Your Self – Or Not
- 4. What Gets Lost – And How
- 5. What Losing Our Sense-Of-Self Does to Us
- 6. Getting Back … By Any Means Necessary
- Getting Back By Any Means Necessary – The Things We Do to Ourselves for Our Selves
- Recovery Tools
Monthly Archives: October 2010
Here’s the latest entry — one of my favorite books, and one that made all the difference in my being able to address my own TBIs. The Brain that Changes Itself: Stories of Personal Triumph from the Frontiers of Brain … Continue reading
… is what the fortune cookie I just cracked open tells me. The second one I cracked open says, “Share your happiness with others today.” Huh. I’m home alone tonight, with all my friends and immediate family out at … Continue reading
More good stuff Head injuries causing concern among football players
I’m pretty tired after today, but here’s some great reading: Summary on Ice Hockey Concussion Summit: What You Need to Know!
As much as I appreciate the hard work of the folks at WordPress, and as impressed as I am (and I am) with their recent additions to the theme “family”, I’m not going to change the design of this blog… … Continue reading
Just want to give a quick shout out to The Concussion Blog (http://theconcussionblog.com/), which is run by a certified athletic trainer in central Illinois. His blog is informative, insightful, current, and has just the right amount of information to raise … Continue reading
Well, my windows laptop is making very strange, loud, alarming sounds — a squealing, grinding, belt-slipping sort of howl — so rather than take my chances, I’m switching over to my old iBook, which I got back when I had … Continue reading
Xenith, makers of protective headgear for football, have published a great paper on the shift taking place in concussion awareness in sports, and the changes they believe are necessary to keep generations of athletes safe — and potentially healthier for … Continue reading
Another weekend with some office work in the cards for me. I got slammed with some surprise projects that had to be done ASAP, this week, so the time I had allotted to doing some extended thinking about overdue projects … Continue reading