- Follow Broken Brain – Brilliant Mind on WordPress.com
Blogs I Follow
- Recovery Tools
- Gist Template – for TBI recovery
- Images for memory practice
- Gist Reasoning – Bounce Out Items that Don’t Belong
- Brain injury comes in a number of different “flavors”
- Tools to Help You Fix Your Brain
- Brain Injury – What Is It?
- Juggling for TBI recovery
- Behavioral Issues
- Communication Issues
- Cognitive Issues
- Emotions/Moods Issues
- Day-to-Day Activities Issues
- Physical Issues
- Have you experienced a brain injury?
- Share Your Story
- 84 ways Concussion/TBI can make your life really interesting
- Then And Now – Managing TBI Issues Over the Long Term
- A Perilous Relief – How TBI and Trauma Combine to Encourage Dangerous Behavior
- Understanding the Trauma/PTSD in Traumatic Brain Injury
- TBI Among the Homeless and Incarcerated
- The wars we wage – of sport, concussion, and our warrior style
- TBI S.O.S.
- 1. TBI Background and Info
- TBI Background and Info – TBI Types and Symptoms
- TBI Background and Info – The Toll It Takes
- TBI Background and Info – My Stories
- 2. Of Self and Sense
- Of Self and Sense – What IS the Self?
- Does the Self Matter?
- And What About the Sense-Of-Self?
- 3. Does The Self Actually Matter?
- Self Matters To Brain Injury Survivors
- Self Matters To Others
- Self Matters. Period.
- Feeling Good, Feeling Familiar, Feeling Like Your Self – Or Not
- 4. What Gets Lost – And How
- 5. What Losing Our Sense-Of-Self Does to Us
- Getting Back By Any Means Necessary – The Things We Do to Ourselves for Our Selves
- The Deepest Day
- The Deepest Day – Preface
- The Deepest Day – Surfacing
- The Deepest Day – Into the Day
- The Deepest Day – Gearing Up
- The Deepest Day – Oh, Beloved
- The Deepest Day – Driven
- The Deepest Day – Life:Cubed
- The Deepest Day – A Functional Exclusion
- The Deepest Day – Post-Prandial Dip
- The Deepest Day – Heading Home
- The Deepest Day – What Remains of the Day
- The Deepest Day – Post-Script
- Recovery Tools
Monthly Archives: January 2011
… for the moment you are in now. Thus spake dictionary.com, when I wandered over to look up a word. True, true, true. And if all my life leading up to this moment is a rehearsal for this moment, then … Continue reading
Looking at my stats to see who’s reading this blog, and seeing how they found out about it, I often come across search engine terms that include the words “slow” and “concussion” in the same search phrase. No coincidence there. … Continue reading
I got home late last night. “Late” being nearly 10 p.m. on a work night. Greeted like a returning hero of sorts. I was back. I did it. Part of me thinks this shouldn’t be such a big deal, and … Continue reading
About 10 years ago, I lost someone close to me under terrible circumstances. There’s nothing like to see a loved-one lying on a hospital bed with a plastic sheet over their cut-open innards, dangling between waking and not-waking, unable to … Continue reading
A day into my week-long business trip, I’m getting my game-head on, thinking about how I’m going to play this week. The hotel where I’m staying has no coffee in the room, and I have to pay for internet connectivity, … Continue reading
Fatigue… what a killer. It sucks the life out of you, beats you down, and how the hell can you escape it? You can’t. You try to sleep, but even with a good night’s rest, if you do anything even … Continue reading
This is the seventh part in a multi-part exploration of sense of self and how it’s affected by traumatic brain injury. Read the other sections here. Note: I am currently writing a full-length work on Restoring a Sense Of Self … Continue reading
I’ve been thinking a whole lot about concussion awareness, over the past weeks. I’ve been checking out a great concussion blog, thinking about all the athletes (and other folks) who are getting injured, who may not be certain about their … Continue reading
This is the sixth part in a multi-part exploration of sense of self and how it’s affected by traumatic brain injury. Read the other sections here. Note: I am currently writing a full-length work on Restoring a Sense Of Self … Continue reading
This is the fifth part in a multi-part exploration of sense of self and how it’s affected by traumatic brain injury. Read the other sections here. Note: I am currently writing a full-length work on Restoring a Sense Of Self … Continue reading