- Follow Broken Brain – Brilliant Mind on WordPress.com
Blogs I Follow
- Recovery Tools
- Gist Template – for TBI recovery
- Images for memory practice
- Gist Reasoning – Bounce Out Items that Don’t Belong
- Brain injury comes in a number of different “flavors”
- Tools to Help You Fix Your Brain
- Brain Injury – What Is It?
- Juggling for TBI recovery
- Behavioral Issues
- Communication Issues
- Cognitive Issues
- Emotions/Moods Issues
- Day-to-Day Activities Issues
- Physical Issues
- Have you experienced a brain injury?
- Share Your Story
- 84 ways Concussion/TBI can make your life really interesting
- Then And Now – Managing TBI Issues Over the Long Term
- A Perilous Relief – How TBI and Trauma Combine to Encourage Dangerous Behavior
- Understanding the Trauma/PTSD in Traumatic Brain Injury
- TBI Among the Homeless and Incarcerated
- The wars we wage – of sport, concussion, and our warrior style
- TBI S.O.S.
- 1. TBI Background and Info
- TBI Background and Info – TBI Types and Symptoms
- TBI Background and Info – The Toll It Takes
- TBI Background and Info – My Stories
- 2. Of Self and Sense
- Of Self and Sense – What IS the Self?
- Does the Self Matter?
- And What About the Sense-Of-Self?
- 3. Does The Self Actually Matter?
- Self Matters To Brain Injury Survivors
- Self Matters To Others
- Self Matters. Period.
- Feeling Good, Feeling Familiar, Feeling Like Your Self – Or Not
- 4. What Gets Lost – And How
- 5. What Losing Our Sense-Of-Self Does to Us
- Getting Back By Any Means Necessary – The Things We Do to Ourselves for Our Selves
- The Deepest Day
- The Deepest Day – Preface
- The Deepest Day – Surfacing
- The Deepest Day – Into the Day
- The Deepest Day – Gearing Up
- The Deepest Day – Oh, Beloved
- The Deepest Day – Driven
- The Deepest Day – Life:Cubed
- The Deepest Day – A Functional Exclusion
- The Deepest Day – Post-Prandial Dip
- The Deepest Day – Heading Home
- The Deepest Day – What Remains of the Day
- The Deepest Day – Post-Script
- Recovery Tools
Monthly Archives: February 2011
You can see the whole collection of pieces, as I write them here: Then And Now – Managing TBI Issues Over the Long Term
About a year ago, I put together a list of 84 ways TBI can make your life really interesting, which is a list of 84 different issues that can arise as a result of a traumatic brain injury. I pulled … Continue reading
Almost year ago, I published a list of 84 ways TBI can make your life really interesting, which is a list of 84 different issues that can arise as a result of a traumatic brain injury. I pulled together the … Continue reading
I’ve been thinking a little bit lately about all my TBI-related issues which I was really struggling with over the years before I figured out what was going on with me and got some help. The last three years have … Continue reading
Here’s a break-out of a scenario I’ve seen happen with concussion, both in my own life and in the lives of others. (Note: Click the graphic below to take a closer graphical look.) Here’s how I’ve witnessed concussion sideline perfectly … Continue reading
It’s been a pretty interesting week. I’ve gotten too little sleep, but I’ve been doing more than usual. Maybe that goes hand in hand — the times when I am more tired are the times when I am more inclined … Continue reading
I just got back from a great session with my neuropsych. We talked a lot about how I tend to lose sight of the great progress I’ve made. I tend to get so caught up in the moment, feeling like … Continue reading