- Follow Broken Brain – Brilliant Mind on WordPress.com
Blogs I Follow
- Recovery Tools
- Gist Template – for TBI recovery
- Images for memory practice
- Gist Reasoning – Bounce Out Items that Don’t Belong
- Brain injury comes in a number of different “flavors”
- Tools to Help You Fix Your Brain
- Brain Injury – What Is It?
- Juggling for TBI recovery
- Behavioral Issues
- Communication Issues
- Cognitive Issues
- Emotions/Moods Issues
- Day-to-Day Activities Issues
- Physical Issues
- Have you experienced a brain injury?
- Share Your Story
- 84 ways Concussion/TBI can make your life really interesting
- Then And Now – Managing TBI Issues Over the Long Term
- A Perilous Relief – How TBI and Trauma Combine to Encourage Dangerous Behavior
- Understanding the Trauma/PTSD in Traumatic Brain Injury
- TBI Among the Homeless and Incarcerated
- The wars we wage – of sport, concussion, and our warrior style
- TBI S.O.S.
- 1. TBI Background and Info
- TBI Background and Info – TBI Types and Symptoms
- TBI Background and Info – The Toll It Takes
- TBI Background and Info – My Stories
- 2. Of Self and Sense
- Of Self and Sense – What IS the Self?
- Does the Self Matter?
- And What About the Sense-Of-Self?
- 3. Does The Self Actually Matter?
- Self Matters To Brain Injury Survivors
- Self Matters To Others
- Self Matters. Period.
- Feeling Good, Feeling Familiar, Feeling Like Your Self – Or Not
- 4. What Gets Lost – And How
- 5. What Losing Our Sense-Of-Self Does to Us
- Getting Back By Any Means Necessary – The Things We Do to Ourselves for Our Selves
- The Deepest Day
- The Deepest Day – Preface
- The Deepest Day – Surfacing
- The Deepest Day – Into the Day
- The Deepest Day – Gearing Up
- The Deepest Day – Oh, Beloved
- The Deepest Day – Driven
- The Deepest Day – Life:Cubed
- The Deepest Day – A Functional Exclusion
- The Deepest Day – Post-Prandial Dip
- The Deepest Day – Heading Home
- The Deepest Day – What Remains of the Day
- The Deepest Day – Post-Script
- Recovery Tools
Monthly Archives: May 2011
The past couple of days have been a much-needed break from the flow of my everyday life. I took time off to think, to write, to consider how things are developing around me. To look at my life and consider … Continue reading
I’ve been thinking a lot about my work with my neuropsych, lately. My work has gotten past the basic survival stuff, where I’m just getting my head around what is going on with me. I’ve gotten to the point where … Continue reading
My deadline from hell is just around the corner. I have done just about everything I can do to meet this. I am both at my wits’ end, and holding it together reasonably well. I’m told the multinational corporation which … Continue reading
Just got home from another visit with my neuropsych, and we both agree that a tremendous amount of human potential is squandered on people “accepting their limitations” — especially TBI survivors. The thing is, TBI may be a part of … Continue reading