- Follow Broken Brain – Brilliant Mind on WordPress.com
Blogs I Follow
- Recovery Tools
- Gist Template – for TBI recovery
- Images for memory practice
- Gist Reasoning – Bounce Out Items that Don’t Belong
- Brain injury comes in a number of different “flavors”
- Tools to Help You Fix Your Brain
- Brain Injury – What Is It?
- Juggling for TBI recovery
- Behavioral Issues
- Communication Issues
- Cognitive Issues
- Emotions/Moods Issues
- Day-to-Day Activities Issues
- Physical Issues
- Have you experienced a brain injury?
- Share Your Story
- 84 ways Concussion/TBI can make your life really interesting
- Then And Now – Managing TBI Issues Over the Long Term
- A Perilous Relief – How TBI and Trauma Combine to Encourage Dangerous Behavior
- Understanding the Trauma/PTSD in Traumatic Brain Injury
- TBI Among the Homeless and Incarcerated
- The wars we wage – of sport, concussion, and our warrior style
- TBI S.O.S.
- 1. TBI Background and Info
- TBI Background and Info – TBI Types and Symptoms
- TBI Background and Info – The Toll It Takes
- TBI Background and Info – My Stories
- 2. Of Self and Sense
- Of Self and Sense – What IS the Self?
- Does the Self Matter?
- And What About the Sense-Of-Self?
- 3. Does The Self Actually Matter?
- Self Matters To Brain Injury Survivors
- Self Matters To Others
- Self Matters. Period.
- Feeling Good, Feeling Familiar, Feeling Like Your Self – Or Not
- 4. What Gets Lost – And How
- 5. What Losing Our Sense-Of-Self Does to Us
- Getting Back By Any Means Necessary – The Things We Do to Ourselves for Our Selves
- The Deepest Day
- The Deepest Day – Preface
- The Deepest Day – Surfacing
- The Deepest Day – Into the Day
- The Deepest Day – Gearing Up
- The Deepest Day – Oh, Beloved
- The Deepest Day – Driven
- The Deepest Day – Life:Cubed
- The Deepest Day – A Functional Exclusion
- The Deepest Day – Post-Prandial Dip
- The Deepest Day – Heading Home
- The Deepest Day – What Remains of the Day
- The Deepest Day – Post-Script
- Recovery Tools
Monthly Archives: November 2011
I recently came across this 13 Item Stress Test at brainline.org which is part of a larger article on managing stress. 13 Item Stress Test answer T (True) or F (False) T F I have a lot to do. T … Continue reading
I hate to say it, but my holiday spirit seems to have fizzled before it even got started. It’s not even December, yet, and already I’m feeling pretty ragged. I’ve been sick for the past few days, I had a … Continue reading
Here’s more discussion of The 10 Myths of Head-Injury Closely related to Myth #2 – Recovery Occurs in a Year, this concept says that “recovery” starts after emergence from coma, continues at a gradual upward pace, then slows down, and … Continue reading
So, I got some rest today, and I went out for a walk in the woods, and I’m feeling chill and fairly mellow tonight. I had hoped to get more done over my four-day weekend, but resting is the main … Continue reading
I think I’ve written about this in the past… how I was getting back to basics, after having gotten pulled off base by all kinds of busy-ness and so forth. Well, it’s time to hit “re-set” again, and get back … Continue reading
Took a nice long nap this afternoon. Another one like it, on each of the next two days, and I’ll have almost made up for the lost sleep from the past week. Now that autumn is moving on, and I’ve … Continue reading
It’s been a very strange 48 hours. Must be the holidays — it all just kind of sneaked up on me, I guess. Anyway, I realize “loud and clear” that one thing I need to watch out for is fatigue. … Continue reading
So, despite starting the day feeling really good, I went to bed last night in a very emotional state. And I woke up this morning feeling just as emotional. What a change, from how I felt yesterday morning. It’s like … Continue reading
Somebody searched on that yesterday, and found their way to this blog. Can I just say, it seems like a LOT of people are doing that, lately… So many people with TBI feeling dumb, and saying so. I’ve been feeling … Continue reading