Concussion/TBI Education and Recovery
- Follow Broken Brain – Brilliant Mind on WordPress.com
Blogs I Follow
- Recovery Tools
- Gist Template – for TBI recovery
- Images for memory practice
- Gist Reasoning – Bounce Out Items that Don’t Belong
- Brain injury comes in a number of different “flavors”
- Tools to Help You Fix Your Brain
- Brain Injury – What Is It?
- Juggling for TBI recovery
- Behavioral Issues
- Communication Issues
- Cognitive Issues
- Emotions/Moods Issues
- Day-to-Day Activities Issues
- Physical Issues
- Have you experienced a brain injury?
- Share Your Story
- 84 ways Concussion/TBI can make your life really interesting
- Then And Now – Managing TBI Issues Over the Long Term
- A Perilous Relief – How TBI and Trauma Combine to Encourage Dangerous Behavior
- Understanding the Trauma/PTSD in Traumatic Brain Injury
- TBI Among the Homeless and Incarcerated
- The wars we wage – of sport, concussion, and our warrior style
- TBI S.O.S.
- 1. TBI Background and Info
- TBI Background and Info – TBI Types and Symptoms
- TBI Background and Info – The Toll It Takes
- TBI Background and Info – My Stories
- 2. Of Self and Sense
- Of Self and Sense – What IS the Self?
- Does the Self Matter?
- And What About the Sense-Of-Self?
- 3. Does The Self Actually Matter?
- Self Matters To Brain Injury Survivors
- Self Matters To Others
- Self Matters. Period.
- Feeling Good, Feeling Familiar, Feeling Like Your Self – Or Not
- 4. What Gets Lost – And How
- 5. What Losing Our Sense-Of-Self Does to Us
- 6. Getting Back … By Any Means Necessary
- Getting Back By Any Means Necessary – The Things We Do to Ourselves for Our Selves
- Recovery Tools
Monthly Archives: April 2012
The New York Times has a great article on CTE and the returning servicemembers Veterans and Brain Disease He was a 27-year-old former Marine, struggling to adjust to civilian life after two tours in Iraq. Once an A student, he … Continue reading
Originally posted on The Concussion Blog:
Yesterday I helped launch the #C4CT cause via the blog and twitter and it was nice to see the interest really begin to peak (thanks @SchuttSports, @the_jockdoc and many others). As with most movements…
Had a good morning. Woke up early and lay in bed for a little while, then got up and sat and breathed through my 47 breaths. Then I got dressed, did some light exercise, had some coffee and cereal and … Continue reading
So, I’ve been spending a fair amount of time today working on my new focus, and it’s good. It’s pretty invigorating, and it gives me plenty to think about. Good stuff. I’ve also been thinking about some of the really … Continue reading
Yesterday was a pretty productive day, all the hurdles notwithstanding. I took care of some things that I needed to take care of, I solved some things I needed to solve, and I discovered a new direction I can go … Continue reading
This week has been a mixed bag. On the one hand, I have gotten a lot done. On the other, I have not been exercising as much as I should, and I have not been sleeping as much as I … Continue reading
Well, I got about 8 hours of sleep last night, which is great. I had meant to sleep on Sunday, but I got busy so I never got the chance. On the bright side, I figured out how to finish … Continue reading
Sometimes I’m just a pain in the ass. Sometimes I just feel sorry for myself and I’m looking for pity from anyone who has it to offer. Sometimes I’m just ill-behaved. TBI certain doesn’t help these. But it’s not necessarily … Continue reading