Concussion/TBI Education and Recovery
- Follow Broken Brain – Brilliant Mind on WordPress.com
Blogs I Follow
- Recovery Tools
- Gist Template – for TBI recovery
- Images for memory practice
- Gist Reasoning – Bounce Out Items that Don’t Belong
- Brain injury comes in a number of different “flavors”
- Tools to Help You Fix Your Brain
- Brain Injury – What Is It?
- Juggling for TBI recovery
- Behavioral Issues
- Communication Issues
- Cognitive Issues
- Emotions/Moods Issues
- Day-to-Day Activities Issues
- Physical Issues
- Have you experienced a brain injury?
- Share Your Story
- 84 ways Concussion/TBI can make your life really interesting
- Then And Now – Managing TBI Issues Over the Long Term
- A Perilous Relief – How TBI and Trauma Combine to Encourage Dangerous Behavior
- Understanding the Trauma/PTSD in Traumatic Brain Injury
- TBI Among the Homeless and Incarcerated
- The wars we wage – of sport, concussion, and our warrior style
- TBI S.O.S.
- 1. TBI Background and Info
- TBI Background and Info – TBI Types and Symptoms
- TBI Background and Info – The Toll It Takes
- TBI Background and Info – My Stories
- 2. Of Self and Sense
- Of Self and Sense – What IS the Self?
- Does the Self Matter?
- And What About the Sense-Of-Self?
- 3. Does The Self Actually Matter?
- Self Matters To Brain Injury Survivors
- Self Matters To Others
- Self Matters. Period.
- Feeling Good, Feeling Familiar, Feeling Like Your Self – Or Not
- 4. What Gets Lost – And How
- 5. What Losing Our Sense-Of-Self Does to Us
- 6. Getting Back … By Any Means Necessary
- Getting Back By Any Means Necessary – The Things We Do to Ourselves for Our Selves
- Recovery Tools
Monthly Archives: May 2012
Thank you to all who have followed this blog. I’m not sure how often you’ll be checking in, but it’s nice to see the tally. I had an okay day today. I counted down the weeks till I will start … Continue reading
[youtube:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ju4FojRkEKU%5D The “Big 4” Components of Navy SEALs Mental Training Goal Setting – pick a goal, a “small chunk” of an overall goal, and focus on meeting it Mental Rehearsal (visualization) – see yourself doing what you going about to … Continue reading
Yesterday m mentioned Yoga Nidra, a yoga “version” of sleep. I checked it out, and I found some interesting info — a kind of yoga that can restore you and apparently get to the root of things that are causing … Continue reading
I’ve been thinking a lot lately about concussion/tbi making you “dumber” – slower, etc. When I had my neuropsychological exam, it became painfully clear that my processing speed was slower than expected. And it really bummed me out for quite … Continue reading
I’m sitting outside this morning, writing in the quiet of the day, before the lawnmowers start and the leaf blowers and the construction projects my neighbors are doing over the long weekend.The sun is hot, where there is no shade, … Continue reading
Didn’t get much sleep last night. Had some misunderstandings about timing, last night, when we had a friend over. Long story short, we didn’t even eat dinner till 9:45, and I didn’t get to sleep until 1:30 a.m. — maybe … Continue reading
I’ve been thinking a lot about what it must be like in the general population, for people to learn about the impacts that concussion can have on your life – cognitive ability, physical experience, moods and attention… the works. I … Continue reading
I continue to think a lot about the connections between mild TBI and PTSD. After going off the rails last month over some stressful stuff at work… and continuing to struggle with stress and how it affects me, I cannot … Continue reading
I just came across an interesting blog — Short stories from life. Here’s a good story from it — “A life wasted”. It’s about what can happen when you make certain choices in life. And it gets me thinking about the … Continue reading