Concussion/TBI Education and Recovery
- Follow Broken Brain – Brilliant Mind on WordPress.com
Blogs I Follow
- Recovery Tools
- Gist Template – for TBI recovery
- Images for memory practice
- Gist Reasoning – Bounce Out Items that Don’t Belong
- Brain injury comes in a number of different “flavors”
- Tools to Help You Fix Your Brain
- Brain Injury – What Is It?
- Juggling for TBI recovery
- Behavioral Issues
- Communication Issues
- Cognitive Issues
- Emotions/Moods Issues
- Day-to-Day Activities Issues
- Physical Issues
- Have you experienced a brain injury?
- Share Your Story
- 84 ways Concussion/TBI can make your life really interesting
- Then And Now – Managing TBI Issues Over the Long Term
- A Perilous Relief – How TBI and Trauma Combine to Encourage Dangerous Behavior
- Understanding the Trauma/PTSD in Traumatic Brain Injury
- TBI Among the Homeless and Incarcerated
- The wars we wage – of sport, concussion, and our warrior style
- TBI S.O.S.
- 1. TBI Background and Info
- TBI Background and Info – TBI Types and Symptoms
- TBI Background and Info – The Toll It Takes
- TBI Background and Info – My Stories
- 2. Of Self and Sense
- Of Self and Sense – What IS the Self?
- Does the Self Matter?
- And What About the Sense-Of-Self?
- 3. Does The Self Actually Matter?
- Self Matters To Brain Injury Survivors
- Self Matters To Others
- Self Matters. Period.
- Feeling Good, Feeling Familiar, Feeling Like Your Self – Or Not
- 4. What Gets Lost – And How
- 5. What Losing Our Sense-Of-Self Does to Us
- 6. Getting Back … By Any Means Necessary
- Getting Back By Any Means Necessary – The Things We Do to Ourselves for Our Selves
- Recovery Tools
Monthly Archives: July 2012
The experiment continues, today with less success than yesterday. I got to bed at 10:30 (good), but I didn’t sleep past 5:00 (bad). 6-1/2 hours is something I’ve functioned on before. I just hope I can get some good sleep … Continue reading
I actually got 8 hours of sleep last night. Pretty amazing. It’s only day one, but something went right last night. I woke up this morning feeling excellent, and I still feel great, despite an onslaught of emails from some … Continue reading
Originally posted on braininjuryselfrehabilitation:
iPhone Generation (Photo credit: xcode) Do you find yourself getting distracted with your cell phone? Are you noticing that you are not accomplishing all the things you would like in your day? As technology has become…
Ah ha! Eureka! I think I’ve figured out how to get good sleep on a regular basis — I need to turn myself (well, my life, anyway) into a science experiment. I need decent motivation to get to bed at … Continue reading
Originally posted on The Concussion Blog:
The benefits of exercising, keeping fit and eating healthily have been impressed on us (society, specifically North American society in which I live) for a long time. Unfortunately, it hasn’t exactly caught on. It…
Originally posted on Heal your Brain:
Some movement is simply a response to a stimulus. If you touch a snail, it will draw up into its shell but humans are not simply machines of stimulus and action; almost all the…
Got better sleep last night — actually slept through the night. I did the following things that I think helped me: I headed to bed before 10:00 p.m. – the night before, I went to bed around 11:10 and my … Continue reading
A few months back, I endured participated in a Franklin-Covey workshop at work called “Five Choices to Extraordinary Productivity”. Aside from the three-day investment loss of time (which I really couldn’t afford to lose), the ideas and principles they talked … Continue reading