Concussion/TBI Education and Recovery
- Follow Broken Brain – Brilliant Mind on WordPress.com
Blogs I Follow
- Recovery Tools
- Gist Template – for TBI recovery
- Images for memory practice
- Gist Reasoning – Bounce Out Items that Don’t Belong
- Brain injury comes in a number of different “flavors”
- Tools to Help You Fix Your Brain
- Brain Injury – What Is It?
- Juggling for TBI recovery
- Behavioral Issues
- Communication Issues
- Cognitive Issues
- Emotions/Moods Issues
- Day-to-Day Activities Issues
- Physical Issues
- Have you experienced a brain injury?
- Share Your Story
- 84 ways Concussion/TBI can make your life really interesting
- Then And Now – Managing TBI Issues Over the Long Term
- A Perilous Relief – How TBI and Trauma Combine to Encourage Dangerous Behavior
- Understanding the Trauma/PTSD in Traumatic Brain Injury
- TBI Among the Homeless and Incarcerated
- The wars we wage – of sport, concussion, and our warrior style
- TBI S.O.S.
- 1. TBI Background and Info
- TBI Background and Info – TBI Types and Symptoms
- TBI Background and Info – The Toll It Takes
- TBI Background and Info – My Stories
- 2. Of Self and Sense
- Of Self and Sense – What IS the Self?
- Does the Self Matter?
- And What About the Sense-Of-Self?
- 3. Does The Self Actually Matter?
- Self Matters To Brain Injury Survivors
- Self Matters To Others
- Self Matters. Period.
- Feeling Good, Feeling Familiar, Feeling Like Your Self – Or Not
- 4. What Gets Lost – And How
- 5. What Losing Our Sense-Of-Self Does to Us
- 6. Getting Back … By Any Means Necessary
- Getting Back By Any Means Necessary – The Things We Do to Ourselves for Our Selves
- Recovery Tools
Monthly Archives: August 2012
Study Links PTSD to Hidden Head Injuries Suffered in Combat. Even when brain injury is so subtle that it can only be detected by an ultra-sensitive imaging test, the injury might predispose soldiers in combat to post-traumatic stress disorder, according … Continue reading
Originally posted on To Be Aware:
Great thoughts. Good to consider. To Be Aware View original post
Check out this article. It sheds a lot of light on a problem that plagues many of us – loss of self-control. MRI images show what the brain looks like when you do something you know you shouldn’t. New pictures … Continue reading
The change of the season is upon us, and with it comes a host of adjustments. That includes physical adjustments, as the daylight gets shorter, the weather starts to get colder, and the bare-feet-and-shorts way of life becomes less practical. … Continue reading
So, I had a really good session with my NP yesterday. We talked about all the things that are going well for me, and my future job prospects. Of all the people I know, they really get the importance of … Continue reading
Yesterday was a rough day. But it happens. Mondays tend to be difficult for most people, and the folks I work with are no exception. I think everyone is feeling the passing of summer, and we’re not liking it, much. … Continue reading
I’m a “fixer”. That means I look for things to fix. I like to take what’s wrong and make it right. I like to help people who are in need. I am committed to working out my own issues, so … Continue reading
I’m remembering again why I went into this line of work, doing web development. It’s friggin’ awesome. I love it. And it loves me, too. I’ve been having a much easier time working through all the logic and the new … Continue reading
Originally posted on Have A Dream:
At the “Kek Lok Si” Temple in Penang …….. Are you searching for answers how to live a peaceful and rewarding life? No man is an island. None of us are alone and isolated.…