I’ve got a lot I need to handle today. I got off to a good start, albeit with less sleep than I intended. I went to bed around 10:00 p.m., but didn’t get to sleep till 10:30 or so. Then I was up at 5. So, I’ve had about 6-1/2 hours of sleep. Not great. But there it is.
I’ll sleep later today, when I have a chance. For hours.
Today looks like this for me:
- Get up and exercise a little bit – check
- Make my butter coffee and breakfast, and take my vitamins – check
- Work on my book – check
- Blog a bit – check
- Go for a short walk to stretch my legs – that’s next
- Go get my hair cut
- Try to deposit a check in the bank that the ATM wouldn’t accept
- Pick up some stuff at a health food store near my barber
- Do some yard work and take out the trash
- Have some lunch
- Take a shower and nap for an hour or two
- Help my spouse prep for a business meeting they have tonight
- Make some supper
- Work a little more on my book
- Get in bed before 10:00 p.m.
It looks like a lot, but some of the things only take about 20 minutes, and several of them can happen right next to each other (both my bank and health food store are just down the street from my barber) so it’s not that big of a deal. It’s doable, and it feels good to have it all written down, so I can just do it without having to think about everything.
The important thing is my nap. And eating and exercising. Taking care of myself and being smart about my choices.
I have all day tomorrow to do yard work, too, so I don’t have to sink a ton of time into that activity.
It’s important that I keep the important things in mind, but I don’t get too bent out of shape over stuff not going according to schedule. I have a simple day ahead of me, but things might not turn out exactly like I expect them to. It’s early enough that I can get off to a good start and still leave myself time to move gradually from one step to the next. And relax along the way… Look around at this beautiful day and appreciate all the things I come across.
Enough talk – time to get on with it.