I’m pretty tired, this week. I’ve been all up in my head, because of all the drama at work, with people being moved around and worrying about where they’re going to land.
And I lost sight of a few things:
- A lot of the people I work with are at the office each day by default. They are not entrepreneurial in nature, and they go to work (in part) to avoid having to figure out their life’s course. They have their permanent full-time jobs because they want someone else to make decisions for them and tell them what to do.
- Expecting someone else to make the right decisions for you is a losing battle. Chances are, you and your needs are not even on their radar.
- I am not the sort of person who wants anyone else to tell me what to do.
- I am the sort of person who figures it out for myself, by myself.
- Much that has everyone else worried, concerned, and worked up, has nothing to do with me.
- And most importantly – I’m being influenced by fears and insecurities that I do not share – nor ever want to.
In a way, seeing all this drama going on around me is a good reminder of where I truly want to be in the world.
I guess I’ll go to work now…