This is a great list! I’ve learned a few new things, myself. Check it out.
There is so much information about brain injury online that it is overwhelming for someone who cannot filter information, read or use the computer well. Since local pamphlets are too difficult to read for people with vision issues, one provider made an easier version for patients. Below is a list of recommendations after getting a concussion. The info is from research, providers, and patient recommendations, based on their experience.
- Drink plenty of water (at least 8 cups a day)
- Avoid caffeine, such as coffee, tea, and soda
- Avoid alcohol and nicotine
- Eat well rounded nutritious meals
- Eat something healthy, a snack or small meal, every 2-3 hours, even if you are not hungry
- Plan afternoon “down time” or take a short nap every day
- Try and sleep at least 7-8 hours a night
- Do something creative using both hands – example coloring with both hands
- Use non-dominant hand for…
View original post 460 more words