When I was first tested on my “gist reasoning”, I did extremely poorly.
I didn’t learn till later, that I was supposed to answer a certain way. This next exercise is similar to the test I failed badly, the first time I took it.
Look at this picture – what’s happening? Choose below:
- They are having tea
- They are in a stage play
- Older woman is ignoring the girl in the pink shirt
- Three people are sitting, one person is standing
- There are a lot of blue items – shirts, jeans, book, sofa, seat cushion
- The flowers on the table in the background almost match the youngest woman’s shirt
- The girl with the neck collar is getting all the attention
- The family is playing out an unhealthy dynamic that it always does, and it’s bothering a number of people here
Each choice is technically correct.
Which one summarizes what’s going on, at a high level?
Or do you have another perspective?
Write it down, if you have trouble figuring out “big picture” ideas on a regular basis, and check in with someone you know who does a better job of it, than you.
See what they have to say about your interpretation.