I’ve been thinking a lot about what a wreck my life was, for so long.
To this day, I find it hard to believe how messed up I was – from just a bump on the head. Some days, I find it hard to believe that I ever had those kinds of problems.
But I did.
Crazy wild emotional swings. Violent outbursts. Meltdowns on a semi-regular basis.
Pain and light and noise sensitivity and headaches, as though the world were ending.
A terrible, terrible memory, and a nominal level of interacting with others.
Holy crap – things are so much better now.
I am so much better now.
The things that have helped me, have been very low-cost (in terms of money), but they demanded real dedication and discipline.
- Making up lists for what I was going to do each day, and sticking to those lists.
- Getting enough exercise by moving as much as I could, when I could – and doing it regularly, so I had a cumulative benefit.
- Eating good food that I fixed myself. It was cheaper, and it trained me to sequence and handle things in logical orders. It also taught me to keep my cool under pressure.
- Being honest with myself about my shortcomings.
- Being willing to try again, each day.
I’m tired. I’m running out of steam.
That’s it for today.