- Follow Broken Brain – Brilliant Mind on WordPress.com
Blogs I Follow
- Recovery Tools
- Gist Template – for TBI recovery
- Images for memory practice
- Gist Reasoning – Bounce Out Items that Don’t Belong
- Brain injury comes in a number of different “flavors”
- Tools to Help You Fix Your Brain
- Brain Injury – What Is It?
- Juggling for TBI recovery
- Behavioral Issues
- Communication Issues
- Cognitive Issues
- Emotions/Moods Issues
- Day-to-Day Activities Issues
- Physical Issues
- Have you experienced a brain injury?
- Share Your Story
- 84 ways Concussion/TBI can make your life really interesting
- Then And Now – Managing TBI Issues Over the Long Term
- A Perilous Relief – How TBI and Trauma Combine to Encourage Dangerous Behavior
- Understanding the Trauma/PTSD in Traumatic Brain Injury
- TBI Among the Homeless and Incarcerated
- The wars we wage – of sport, concussion, and our warrior style
- TBI S.O.S.
- 1. TBI Background and Info
- TBI Background and Info – TBI Types and Symptoms
- TBI Background and Info – The Toll It Takes
- TBI Background and Info – My Stories
- 2. Of Self and Sense
- Of Self and Sense – What IS the Self?
- Does the Self Matter?
- And What About the Sense-Of-Self?
- 3. Does The Self Actually Matter?
- Self Matters To Brain Injury Survivors
- Self Matters To Others
- Self Matters. Period.
- Feeling Good, Feeling Familiar, Feeling Like Your Self – Or Not
- 4. What Gets Lost – And How
- 5. What Losing Our Sense-Of-Self Does to Us
- Getting Back By Any Means Necessary – The Things We Do to Ourselves for Our Selves
- The Deepest Day
- The Deepest Day – Preface
- The Deepest Day – Surfacing
- The Deepest Day – Into the Day
- The Deepest Day – Gearing Up
- The Deepest Day – Oh, Beloved
- The Deepest Day – Driven
- The Deepest Day – Life:Cubed
- The Deepest Day – A Functional Exclusion
- The Deepest Day – Post-Prandial Dip
- The Deepest Day – Heading Home
- The Deepest Day – What Remains of the Day
- The Deepest Day – Post-Script
- Recovery Tools
Tag Archives: hope
Everything has its upsides and downsides. My life has been quite awesome, lately, and also quite difficult. There have been days when I have just not felt like going on. But then it occurred to me that my life is … Continue reading
One of the common problems after TBI/Concussion, is fatigue. It can be a killer… especially because we can become fatigued from (over)doing things we really love and that make us happy. When our brains become fatigued, they become more distractable. … Continue reading
The transmission went out on one of my cars. It actually imploded, and little bits of the machinery were floating around in the transmission fluid. Not enough money for another car — so went ahead and had the transmission replaced. … Continue reading
Got back last night from my return drive home. Found my spouse sitting in a dark house, watching television. Now, that’s depressing. They were really happy to see me… but it only took an hour till they started digging into … Continue reading
I had a very interesting experience yesterday. And today. I started practicing juggling a couple of balls, to rewire my brain and explore some neuroplasticity. I thought it went pretty well. I was able to juggle two balls for about … Continue reading
This post How I learned to slow my heart rate is by far the most popular one on this site, and it has helped a lot of people, from what they tell me. Folks have shared links to it, and hundreds … Continue reading
So, it’s Friday. Finally. I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, it is a huge relief to be done with the week. On the other hand, I have so much to do and so many deadlines, that … Continue reading
I’m taking the opportunity tonight to put my situation in order. I haven’t been feeling well for the past couple of weeks, but people are counting on me… so I am taking some extra time to get my ducks in … Continue reading