Concussion/TBI Education and Recovery
- Follow Broken Brain – Brilliant Mind on WordPress.com
Blogs I Follow
- Recovery Tools
- Gist Template – for TBI recovery
- Images for memory practice
- Gist Reasoning – Bounce Out Items that Don’t Belong
- Brain injury comes in a number of different “flavors”
- Tools to Help You Fix Your Brain
- Brain Injury – What Is It?
- Juggling for TBI recovery
- Behavioral Issues
- Communication Issues
- Cognitive Issues
- Emotions/Moods Issues
- Day-to-Day Activities Issues
- Physical Issues
- Have you experienced a brain injury?
- Share Your Story
- 84 ways Concussion/TBI can make your life really interesting
- Then And Now – Managing TBI Issues Over the Long Term
- A Perilous Relief – How TBI and Trauma Combine to Encourage Dangerous Behavior
- Understanding the Trauma/PTSD in Traumatic Brain Injury
- TBI Among the Homeless and Incarcerated
- The wars we wage – of sport, concussion, and our warrior style
- TBI S.O.S.
- 1. TBI Background and Info
- TBI Background and Info – TBI Types and Symptoms
- TBI Background and Info – The Toll It Takes
- TBI Background and Info – My Stories
- 2. Of Self and Sense
- Of Self and Sense – What IS the Self?
- Does the Self Matter?
- And What About the Sense-Of-Self?
- 3. Does The Self Actually Matter?
- Self Matters To Brain Injury Survivors
- Self Matters To Others
- Self Matters. Period.
- Feeling Good, Feeling Familiar, Feeling Like Your Self – Or Not
- 4. What Gets Lost – And How
- 5. What Losing Our Sense-Of-Self Does to Us
- 6. Getting Back … By Any Means Necessary
- Getting Back By Any Means Necessary – The Things We Do to Ourselves for Our Selves
- Recovery Tools
Tag Archives: sleep
Well, there it is. It’s been a full day, but I got maybe half of what I’d intended done. Of course I did. I am notoriously bad at estimating what I’ll be able to accomplish in my weekend time. For … Continue reading
I’ve got to put all my notes in order. After just a few days of talking to people, I have a bunch of notes that I wrote on scrap paper, and I now need to sort through them and put … Continue reading
I woke up early today. Too early. We were expecting company this afternoon, but we cancelled. My spouse is sick, and I am tired. So, it’s back to bed. I need the rest, when I can get it. I can … Continue reading
Somebody found their way to this blog by searching for this, the other day. I think that problems sequencing — getting things in order — can cause you to not understand what others are saying. The words get turned around, … Continue reading
It’s been a busy week. I’m really tired. Of everything. Just taking it a bit at a time. And getting as much sleep as humanly possible. Onward.
So, the upheaval over the accident a week ago has begun to settle down. I truly cannot imagine a worse time for life to be disrupted. It’s been a roller coaster of tears and anger and frustration and confusion, with … Continue reading
Just a tip — if you have a weak stomach, don’t Google “trauma” and look at the images. I just did, and I regret it. Anyway… I’m writing this ahead of time and scheduling it to publish while I’m way. … Continue reading