- Follow Broken Brain – Brilliant Mind on WordPress.com
Blogs I Follow
- Recovery Tools
- Gist Template – for TBI recovery
- Images for memory practice
- Gist Reasoning – Bounce Out Items that Don’t Belong
- Brain injury comes in a number of different “flavors”
- Tools to Help You Fix Your Brain
- Brain Injury – What Is It?
- Juggling for TBI recovery
- Behavioral Issues
- Communication Issues
- Cognitive Issues
- Emotions/Moods Issues
- Day-to-Day Activities Issues
- Physical Issues
- Have you experienced a brain injury?
- Share Your Story
- 84 ways Concussion/TBI can make your life really interesting
- Then And Now – Managing TBI Issues Over the Long Term
- A Perilous Relief – How TBI and Trauma Combine to Encourage Dangerous Behavior
- Understanding the Trauma/PTSD in Traumatic Brain Injury
- TBI Among the Homeless and Incarcerated
- The wars we wage – of sport, concussion, and our warrior style
- TBI S.O.S.
- 1. TBI Background and Info
- TBI Background and Info – TBI Types and Symptoms
- TBI Background and Info – The Toll It Takes
- TBI Background and Info – My Stories
- 2. Of Self and Sense
- Of Self and Sense – What IS the Self?
- Does the Self Matter?
- And What About the Sense-Of-Self?
- 3. Does The Self Actually Matter?
- Self Matters To Brain Injury Survivors
- Self Matters To Others
- Self Matters. Period.
- Feeling Good, Feeling Familiar, Feeling Like Your Self – Or Not
- 4. What Gets Lost – And How
- 5. What Losing Our Sense-Of-Self Does to Us
- Getting Back By Any Means Necessary – The Things We Do to Ourselves for Our Selves
- The Deepest Day
- The Deepest Day – Preface
- The Deepest Day – Surfacing
- The Deepest Day – Into the Day
- The Deepest Day – Gearing Up
- The Deepest Day – Oh, Beloved
- The Deepest Day – Driven
- The Deepest Day – Life:Cubed
- The Deepest Day – A Functional Exclusion
- The Deepest Day – Post-Prandial Dip
- The Deepest Day – Heading Home
- The Deepest Day – What Remains of the Day
- The Deepest Day – Post-Script
- Recovery Tools
Tag Archives: life
In another couple of weeks, they’re going to start reorganizing the company I work for. And the best damn’ job I’ve ever had, may change. Forever. That would be a record. Usually, they take at least a year to decide … Continue reading
I’m feeling a bit worn out, this morning. I’ve been feeling weary for a number of weeks, now. The whole international war / terror / WTF scene gets me down – partly because of the tone that everyone is taking, … Continue reading
Last week was a full one. Full of news, both personal and international, and full of activity. My friends in Paris are safe. That is some consolation, as the terrible stories emerge. But it does nothing for those who were … Continue reading
So, my neuropsych is retiring in the spring. I’m probably in a state of denial,right now,with the inevitable progression from that state of mind to anger, bargaining, sadness, and acceptance. At least,that’s how it’s supposed to go. But I’m off … Continue reading
I spent the day working around the house and yard. I got an early start (for a Sunday), getting my breakfast and starting at 8:30, and working till about 10:00. Then I stopped for a snack, made myself a soft-boiled … Continue reading
Here’s how my bathroom ceiling now looks: No, it’s not a typo. My bathroom ceiling is no longer gray with patches of brown. The paint’s not peeling off it anymore, threatening to send chips down on the bathers below. It’s … Continue reading
Today is a work day for me. I’m painting the ceiling in my bathroom that has gotten a bit gray from mildew. It’s not awful, but it’s not pretty. So, I’m scraping off the crusty stuff and putting a couple … Continue reading